Saturday, January 12, 2008

How worldviews affect the debate

As I mentioned toward the end of an earlier post, it is usually a guarantee that Darwinists and supporters of Design will consider the same information, read the same articles, listen to the same lectures, consider the same evidence and inevitably walk away with polar opposite conclusions. It's one of the more alluring aspects of this debate for me at times.

When I sit back and watch the debate from the sidelines, I'm just shocked how differently each side processess the information they receive. Both sides consider the other to be at times underhanded and deceitful, yet it seems more likely to me that they are coming at the issues from opposite ends of the spectrum.

It's kinda like the duck and the rabbit illusion...



Telic Thoughts offers another rendition of the duck/rabbit illusion, but it freaked me out.