Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reasons Why I Could Vote Democrat

HT: A Conservative Teacher...


If I wanted to, I could vote Democrat because...

...English has no place being the official language in America.

...it's better to turn corn into fuel than it is to eat.

...I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America.

..when we pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, I know that the Islamic terrorists will stop trying to kill us because this will show that we are a good and decent country.

...I believe people who can't tell us accurately if it will rain in two or three days can now tell us with certainty that the polar ice caps will disappear in ten years if I don't start riding a bicycle, build a windmill, or inflate my tires to proper levels.

...I believe businesses in America should not be allowed to make profits. Businesses should just break even and give the rest to the government so politicians and bureaucrats can redistribute the money the way they think it should be redistributed.

...I believe guns, and not the people misusing them, are the cause of crimes and killings.

...when someone with a weapon threatens my family or me, I know the government can respond faster through a call to 911 than I can with a gun in my hand.

Lastly, I'm could vote Democrat, because I might think that the 5% profit that oil companies make on a gallon of gas is obscene, but government taxes of 18% (federal and state) on the same gallon of gas are not high enough.