Monday, October 13, 2008

Maci's pretty much spot on...

From here...

How many Christians are hoping and have hoped in the past that if we elect the right president, if we elect a godly person, "by golly, we'll get our morals and values legislated. Abortion will end . . . etc, etc, etc." Its also very easy to write your representatives to let them know where you stand on the issues, its relatively easy to vote for someone you feel to hold your same values.

But--in our own lives do we reflect these values? Do we work for the values we desire our leaders to share and work towards? What are you doing to help a young pregnant woman struggling with her pregnancy? How are you fighting poverty?

I'm just as guilty . . . I find myself lacking. But . . .

Imagine if the "Moral Majority" came out in massive numbers and started affecting people's lives around them (not that they don't, I'm speaking from my perceptions of my own faith life and that which I see around me). Imagine if Christ powerfully lived through each of us--one by one lives would be changed.


We'd live in a whole different world if we really practised what we preach. I'm probably more guilty than most of not doing all I can for those around me. The word self centered comes to mind.