Thursday, October 02, 2008

A Confession

I'm *not* looking forward to the VP debate tonight. Honestly, I don't think Sarah is going to fare well...

1. She doesn't have *near* the experience with nationally televised debates at this level like Biden does. He's been doing this crap since Palin was in second grade.

2. Moderator, Gwen Ifill, is writing a book titled "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama". Gosh, can't imagine that she's biased in any way...*eyes rolling*.

3. If I was Sarah, I'd be scared shit less to even open my mouth fearing that any slip will be splashed all over the media *forever*.

She's definently the underdog *big time*. Sigh...

I predict she stumbles all over herself. Ah well.

I think I'll join a group of Republicans in Second Life who will be watching the event and discussing how the candidates do. My sister and brother-in-law lured me in to this avatar rich environment. Very long story. At first the whole atomosphere freaked me out, but I've run across some interesting political groups and there are science museums and other sciencey type places to visit. There's even a Noah's ark exhibit! LOL. I swear you can find anything in this place. I've never been a gamer at all, but it's kinda fun talking to people from all over the world in there.

My son knows how to run my avatar, and he bought her cars, jeeps, jets, a freaking batmobile, army paraphernalia and all kinds of crazy stuff. It's a hoot. I was shooting a bunch of zombies one day in my pink Nike outfit with machine guns hanging off me everywhere. I was a tad out of place as the rest of the players were men completely covered in armor. LOL.

One morning I checked in on the game and my son had turned me into a triceratops!!! It took me two days to try to get out of that transformation and back to my regular avatar.

My sister's husband is a pilot who is working out of the country a lot. So, it's fun for them to meet up in Second Life where they can talk and explore when he's not around in real life. I like logging on when I know they'll be in there. It's a lot like hanging out in real life.

So, I'll probably sit in with the Second Life Republicans for moral support while Sarah hangs herself......