Friday, March 28, 2008

Poor PZ....

...he's really hit the point of obsessing about the Expelled flick. His antics are becoming comical beyond belief:

Some of you know that the producers of Expelled had a conference call this afternoon…a carefully controlled, closed environment in which they would spout their nonsense and only take questions by email. I listened to it for a while, and yeah, it was the usual run-around. However, I dialed in a few minutes early, and got to listen to a tiresome five minutes of Leslie and Paul chatting away, during which time they mentioned the secret code (DUNH DUNH DUNNNNH!) for the two way calls. I know. Sloppy, unprofessional, and stupid, but that's the way they work.

So … I redialed. (DUNH DUNH DUNNNNH!)

Then I listened along quietly until I could take no more.

...

So I interrupted. I said, in essence, hang on -- you guys are spinning out a lot of lies here, you should be called on it. I gave a quick gloss on it, and said that, for instance, anti-semitism has a long history in Germany that preceded Darwin, and that they ought to look up the word "pogrom". There was some mad rustling and flustering about on the other side of the phone some complaints, etc., and then one of them asked me to do the honorable thing and hang up…so I said yes, I would do the honorable thing and hang up while they continued the dishonorable thing and continued to lie.


Just as predicted, Darwinists are absolutely frothing at the mouth and apparently very close to losing their minds over this flick. Also as predicted, they are on a witch hunt to find *anything* they possibly can to discredit the flick in some way.

It's *highly* amusing to observe.

It's interesting that they haven't said much about the content of the flick except to assure us that "we ain't Nazis" and it's so very "boooooring"...lol. Obviously, not everyone thinks so. They seem determined to try find something about the production of the film that they may be able to sue over for one reason or the other. I guess if they can't refute the truth being relayed in the movie, they'll try to find a way to take them to court for sharing it.

For those of you new to this debate, PZ is the professor at the university of MN who is highly volatile about ID and blogs continuously about atheism and his hatred for religious thought. Earlier, I posted a youtube clip from his Expelled interview, but I can no longer get access to it.

Hmmmm...very interesting.

UPDATE:
Denyse O'Leary was in the phone conference and writes about PZ's interruption here.

Live blogging of the incident