Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Post in which FtK becomes a (gasp!) Blog Whore

Where have I been?

Dealing with life and this freaking recession. I'm not sure "the recession" has been officially announced to America yet (seems some are still trying to claim it isn't happening), but we're sure feeling it in the FtK household. Bush thinks we're merely seeing a slowdown. He's blaming it on Americans "building too many houses".

Transcript below:

Some Americans believe that they feel they're carrying the burden because of this economy.

G. BUSH: Yeah, well...

CURRY: They say we're suffering because of this.

G. BUSH: ... I don't agree with that.

CURRY: You don't agree with that? It has nothing do with the economy, the war -- spending on the war?

G. BUSH: I don't think so.

I think actually the spending in the war might help with jobs.

CURRY: Oh, yeah?

G. BUSH: Yeah, because we're buying equipment, and people are working.

I think this economy is down because we built too many houses and the economy's adjusting.

Grrr....

My husband "builds houses" (he's a contractor/architect), and we've been able to keep afloat the past 10 years as he's done renovations or design and build a home here or there, but we're certainly not getting rich off of it because we had no capital to work with at the onset. In fact, at the moment we're going backwards. Every time I listen to the newscasters wailing on about the "housing market", it immediately sends me into a panic attack. It pisses me off that Bush made a statement like that. It makes me want to scream Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton!

Anyway, not only has Mr. FtK been struggling, but a couple weeks ago, my business took quite a hit as well (again recession related). I took some time to try to amend my partial loss of income, and I think by next Fall I'll *hopefully* be fine again.

But, back to the "blog whore" dealy...

I've never been real comfortable about posting AdSense, donate buttons, advertising widgets, etc. on my blog like many bloggers do. BUT, desperate times call for desperate measures. Hell, in a couple months maybe I can gather enough pennies from Adsense to buy a gallon of milk! Yes, yes, I know the Ebola boys will have a heyday with this one, but such is life. Obviously, I'm very thick skinned. Here's a thought though...maybe the little rascals should get together and start a "tard" fund...lol. God knows I provide them with hours upon hours of entertainment as they twist and spin my every thought, and this particular post should give them a whole new line of material. What ya say, boys? Each of you throw in five bucks for another year of "tard"??

So there you have it....FtK gone blog whore. Make of it what you will.

Mr. FtK says to go for it. His words? "You're up all night bangin' away at that computer...you might as well try to make a buck or two".

*blink*

Does that make him my pimp??!