Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mr. Ftk doesn't like the Troll on my sidebar



Mr. FtK glanced at my laptop while I was blogging and noticed the crazy new mustard color, so he took a closer look. The little Troll picture on my sidebar freaked him out...he says it'll run off all my readers...lol.




He's not fond of certain characters...trolls, clowns, even various figures from Dr. Seuss books. His number one freak out? Furbies. I kid you not.

When our kids were small, those bizarre little Furbies were all the rage. Of course, I eventually gave in and bought them each one for Christmas one year. Mr. FtK was not fond of the creatures and especially disliked the somewhat creepy little sounds they made.

True story: One night around two in the morning, I woke up to Mr. FtK tossing and turning in bed and making the most bizarre sounds I'd ever heard uttered from his lips. The sounds were so eerie that it scared the life out of me. I listened for a second trying to figure out what the heck he was murmuring, but I couldn't make it out. I figured he must have been having a bad dream, so when the sounds started escalating to what compared to ghostly moans from a horror flick, I punched him a couple times in an attempt to wake him up.


When he finally woke, I asked him what on earth he had been dreaming about. He said he dreamt there were Furbies at the end of the bed "biting his toes".

Evidently, it scared the daylights out of him.

Yes, Mr. FtK, my alpha male...taken down by a Furby. None of us have ever let him live it down.

The boy's Furbies disappeared soon after that little episode, and even today when he meets up with a Furby he snarls. Just two weeks ago, my entire family was celebrating my Mom's birthday at her place. They still have a Furby that my younger nephew plays with on occasion when he's at their home. Someone left the thing on a light stand in the living room, and while we were all visiting, it came to life and started "talking".

Kinda creepy.

My husband let it go on for about 15 seconds, and then he stood up and made his move toward the poor little guy. Everyone in the room started cracking up because we knew what was going to happen next. He grabbed the thing and left the room without saying another word. God only knows what he did with it, and nobody asked. We were too busy laughing about it because my whole family knows he's seriously creeped by Furbies.

No doubt it met a similar fate to the one this little guy did...