Friday, February 08, 2008

The perfect Cinquain for a cold February

My son cracks me up. He came home today and said that his teacher really liked a Cinquain that he had written. Of course I told him I'd like to read it. He warned me before I read it that "It sounds kinda gay to me, but I guess that's what she was looking for". LOL...

Personally, I thought it was beautiful, and it makes me long for spring even more earnestly...


Fishing,
Beautiful day,
Sunshine drenching my skin,
Silver waves ripple by and by,
Night falls.



[Edit: Haiku to read Cinquain. Ever heard of that game "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?". Yeah, well evidently I'm not. I haven't written a Haiku for probably 25 years, and misunderstood my son to say that the above was a Haiku. Whoopsie! It's a Cinquain! mibad...]