Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Is it the diet or the full moon?

Okay, I'm getting grumpy. I called a family meeting today (first one ever) and told my three boys that if they don't start pulling their weight around here with the household chores, I'm going on strike. Seriously...I've heard of women going on strike over that kind of stuff. Why can't I?

I gave them a list of what I do around here and a list of what they do. The list was extremely heavy on my side. So, I told them they can figure out how to deal with this, and if things don't change, I'm going to live in the basement for 1 month. We have a kitchen down there and everything I need. I'll do my own shopping, cooking, laundry, etc. and they can fend for themselves. At first they thought the "family meeting" idea was pretty funny, but by the end of my little speech they were wide eyed and listening pretty intently.

I then told them to talk amongst themselves and figure out a plan to take some of the load off of me. Then I left for 2 hours. I was pleasantly suprised (shocked actually) when I returned and found that they had made a list of chores for each of them for every day of the week. It will be interesting to see if they actually keep up with them.

I'm afraid my dieting is making me bitchy...