Sunday, September 14, 2008

You have got to be freaking kidding me...

Check out the headline for the day...

Charles Darwin to receive apology from the Church of England for rejecting evolution

I swear when I read that, I started laughing. Weird reaction? Maybe, but it seriously cracks me up that the Church of England is going to apologize to the dead corpse of Darwin for a theory that is under more scrutiny than ever before.

"The statement will read: Charles Darwin: 200 years from your birth, the Church of England owes you an apology for misunderstanding you and, by getting our first reaction wrong, encouraging others to misunderstand you still. We try to practise the old virtues of 'faith seeking understanding' and hope that makes some amends."

God, that's a hoot. Bet there's a whole lot of political baggage behind that decision.