Monday, September 29, 2008

The "Assembly Room"

Old Coot was curious about my husband's remote control airplane "assembly room". Mr. FtK started his hobby in a room upstairs that we call 'the office', but he outgrew that area rather quickly. Now, 3/4 of the garage is also dedicated to his hobby. He's always been one of those people who works better in total chaos than in an organized work space, as you'll be able to tell from the pictures. But, I'm glad he has a hobby he really enjoys. The two boys love working on them as well, and they discuss all the engineering details and how they can tweak them to work better or differently. So, I think they're learning a lot from their little hobby.

My oldest has been working on a top secret project that I'm not even allowed to mention. They think they've come up with a remote control vehicle that will be new to the industry, and their dream is to patent it. Let 'em dream...they're having a ball with it, and the hobby allows them lots of time sharing, learning and shooting the shit with their Dad.

Here are those pictures I promised Old Coot...the picture quality is poor, but you get the idea...

The Assembly Room
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us


Work in Progress
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Planes hanging from the ceiling
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Beginning a new one
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Some of the planes
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
>

The guys beside some of their favorites
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The "airfield"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My fervent hope is that we're able to clear out a small area of the garage so I can squeeze my van in this winter.