Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ouch?

In Moscow, recently a woman delivered a 17-pound baby! I'm having sympathy pains for the women even as I'm writing this post. Both of my boys weighed less than half that at birth, and I though I was going to die.

At least she had her daughter by Caesarean section, but the kicker was that she is as old as me...42 years old and delivering a 17 lb. baby. It sounds horrendous, IMHO.

Tatiana Khalina, 42, delivered the girl by Caesarean section at a maternity clinic in Aleisk, a town of 30,000 in the Altai region in southern Siberia, Svetlana Gildeyeva, a nurse at the clinic, said Thursday.

Gildeyeva said the birth on Sept. 17 went smoothly and both the mother and the child were fine. She said the baby, Nadezhda, was transferred from the small Aleisk clinic to a maternity hospital in the bigger city of Barnaul which had better conditions.

The girl was feeling well and developing normally, said Irina Kurdeka, a doctor at the Barnaul hospital.


Again, all I can say is OUCH!!