Thursday, December 28, 2006

Taking off 10 lbs. in ‘07

It’s time to make that New Year’s Resolution again, and mine will be the same as it is every year. When Halloween rolls around each year, I get tempted by all the candy the kids bring home, and then we roll right on to Thanksgiving and Christmas and the yummies are just too good to pass up.

With the time change, I can no longer walk outside because it is dark by the time my work day is over, and I detest walking on my treadmill.

All this leads up to the holiday weight gain, so January 1 is always the date I start eating healthy and exercising regularly again.

This year a few of my friends are going to participate in losing 10 lbs. We’re going to post our weight loss on my blog each Monday, and then use the comment section of that post to encourage each other, give tips, etc. until we all lose 10 lbs. We’ll also state whether we exercised each day.

If any of you out there want to join us, please feel free to do so. You don’t have to tell us what you weigh, you merely have to log in each Monday and state how much you lost, gained, or whether you remained at the same weight.

We’ll start Tuesday, Jan. 2.