Thursday, October 25, 2007

Teaching tips from Dr. Massimo Pigliucci

Pop over to Young Cosmos where I link to Pigliucci's latest teaching tips to eradicate "pseudoscience" from the classrooms. Gosh, I know a KSU professor who will just absolutely LOVE this article from Dr. P.

I swear, after reading his article, the first thing that comes to my mind is a quote from DaveScot (Uncommon Descent):

What’s out of line is that 60% of academic scientists self-identify as non-religious. They like to think they are irreligious because they’re smarter than everyone else. The truth is that they’re more dysfunctional than everyone else and have to live in a sheltered little world where they all think alike, act alike, and pat each other on the back constantly about how very smart they are.


Now, mind you, I certainly don’t believe that all scientists fit the description above, but I’ve been involved in endless discussions with pro-Darwin scientists on-line, and this description fits many of them to a tee.