Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ode to a Troll (and you know who you are)

The Law of Garbage Trucks

Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it. And if you let them, they'll dump it on you.

When someone wants to dump on you, don't take it personally...just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. You'll be happy you did.

How often do we let "Garbage Trucks" run right over us? And how often do we take their garbage and spread it to other people: at work, at home, on the streets? I've decided it's my goal to never let that happen.

I going to start envisioning garbage trucks in a simliar way in which the little boy in "The Sixth Sense," said, "I see Dead People."

When "I see Garbage Trucks", I see the load they're carrying. I see them coming to drop it off. I don't make it a personal thing; I just smile, wave, wish them well, and I move on.

[revised from an unknown author]