Friday, April 20, 2007

Is this site for real?

I guess living in Topeka, I should probably know whether this site is legit or not, but I try to completely ignore the fact that Phelps exists.

After years of having to explain the bizarre and inappropriate picket signs to my then preschool children, we’ve finally become so used to Phelps’ entourage, that he completely blends in with the surroundings.

He’s become invisible to us.

The stuff found on that site is quite disturbing, but years ago I worked for a company that received daily faxes from the Phelps clan. The faxes were passed around, and we all stared at his rambling in disbelief...his writing definitely had the twang of dementia to it.

I sometimes imagine waking up to news reports that the WBC complex has turned into the next Waco incident.

Their next picketing events are evidently scheduled for the funerals of the VA Tech victims. Why? Not completely clear...I thought they had severe hatred for homosexuality. But, it appears that they also believe God hates America for virtually everything.

If I was a parent of one of those victims and Phelps showed up, there would be hell to pay. I’d unleash on that man like there was no tomorrow.