Monday, August 04, 2008

Yes, yes, I'm still alive and well

I blew a port on my laptop a few weeks ago, so I sent it in to be fixed. It's taking a bit longer than expected, and so far we're looking at $162.00 to repair the thing...maybe more.

Just lovely.

Funny, I thought I'd really be bumming from Internet withdrawal symptoms, but so far so good. I've not missed it as much as I thought I would.

Someone mentioned the upcoming elections in the comment section of one of my posts. Honestly, I'm so absolutely sick of the political crap that goes along with this debate that I've just stayed out of it this go around. I know that Kansas Citizens for Science is working hard at snuffing out any potential board members that may be open minded to ID. Witch hunts are alive and well here in the sunflower state. I don't think they could care less about anything else a person stands for other than which way they lean in the ID/evolution fiasco. It all boils done to whether a potential board member intends to support molecule to man as an absolute *fact*.

Sigh...whatever.

I will say that I'll be voting for Dr. Robert Meissner for the board of education from my district. He's actually my dentist!!! He's an intelligent, kind, hard working individual who has had a life-long dedication to our public schools. You can read more about his campaign here.

BE SURE TO GET OUT AND VOTE TOMORROW!!!