Saturday, August 30, 2008

Okay, the Presidential race is FINALLY getting interesting

McCain picked a chick...egads, imagine that. I'd have thought for sure the old guy was going to pick the Mormon or some other dude with loads of cash and popularity.

At first I was just shocked...and, had no clue who this gal was. But, the more I read about her, the more I'm truly getting excited about this race. For the first time in history, we'll have either an African American or a Female in the Presidential or VP position. Seriously cool. I've never been one to particularly support a women in those positions, but this gal impresses me a lot more than 'ol Hillary ever has. I'm sure before long we'll get the dirt on her, but at the moment I'm excited that she's only a year older than me; has five kids; her Dad was a science teacher; her husband works for an oil company and is a commercial fisherman; she likes to hunt!; she didn't abort when she knew she was carrying a child with downs syndrome...

AND, from what I've learned through the grape vine, SHE ISN'T RABIDLY ANTI-ID!!!!!!!

Far out!

So, I'm officially getting back into the race. I'd pretty much checked out from the start of the campaigns, but this gal is interesting enough to get me excited about the race again.