Sunday, April 06, 2008

84 to 66 - Thank you God

They did it. KU takes North Carolina 84-66.

In Kansas' first meeting with former coach Roy Williams, the Jayhawks powered to an early lead and held on for a 84-66 win over North Carolina in the night cap of the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament. The Jayhawks will play Memphis for the national title at 8:21 p.m. Monday.

The Jayhawks were up by as many as 32 points in the first half. They had a 44-27 lead at halftime. North Carolina surged back with a couple of runs in the second. The Tar Heels pulled within four points, but Kansas surged back for the win.



When North Carolina made that come back, I damn near had to send one of my kids to fish out the defibrillator kit. I haven't pulled that thing out of the closet since I finished reading Monkey Girl.



Anywhoooo.....Yeah KU! Good luck Monday night!!!

Man, it's bizarre cheering for KU...doesn't feel quite right somehow....



There...now I feel much better.