Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Fast

I started fasting today, and I'm doing okay so far. It's 2pm, and I'm steadily drinking the gallon of water I'm supposed to drink for the day.

I was a bit tempted to eat when I was making burritos for my kids...they smelled pretty good. The evening hours are going to be difficult to get through. Maybe I'll just go to bed early so I don't think about the nagging hunger.

Speaking of sleep...how do you suppose sleep evolved in the evolutionary scenario? I'll have to do some googling. If any of you have read any interesting articles about evolution and sleep, please share them. Thanks!

UPDATE:

3:45pm - hungry - added lemon to my water...hope that's not cheating.

UPDATE 2:

8am - Sunday morning. I actually made it through day 1. I ended up going to bed at 7:30pm, and was asleep within a half hour or so. Maybe this fast will help me get back on a decent sleeping schedule as well. I'm usually a night owl, and stay up until all hours of the night reading, blogging, thinking, etc..

We'll see how it goes today. I'm not hungry at all this morning, so the increased water intake must have helped in that regard.

UPDATE 3:

11:50 am...Sunday. Still doing fine...not terribly hungry. I'm surprised I don't feel like I'm starving to death. Weird. Drinking lots of water.