Friday, March 07, 2008

Don't Cuss!




This No Cussing Club kid has been all over the news this week. He has a website dedicated to the cause as well as several Youtube clips.



Honestly, I think this is a great idea. My own family should pay heed to his message. Neither my husband nor I are particularly virtuous when it comes to watching our language...we've been known to let some very colorful words fly in front of and at our kids. Of course, our kids have picked up on some of those words, and with my oldest in junior high this year, his choice of words has gone down hill all the more.

We don't use those type of words at work or school, so you'd think that we should be able to maintain more control over ourselves when we're at home. But, lately it's been a struggle around here to keep a lid on the foul language.

I'll have to show the website to the kids and see if we can all agree to try to clean up our act. The nasty stuff usually comes out when we're frustrated, and when you hear someone else cussing you realize how awful it sounds.

I think the bracelet idea is great...kind of like wearing a string around your finger to help you remember something. Perhaps we'll have to order a few of those...