Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Brownback for President?

Per the Topeka Capital Journal, it seems Brownback is testing the waters to see if the nation would support him in a run for President.

He’d get my vote, but I can tell you right now that the liberals would raise bloody hell before they’d let Brownback step into the oval office. I mean, the guy actually prays, and he admits it in public! [please note sarcasm]

Brownback is quoted:
"There is a real need in our country to rebuild the family and renew our culture," Brownback said. "There is a need for genuine conservatism and real compassion in the national discussion."
Liberals will freak over that quote, but the words that stand out for me are “genuine” and “real compassion”. Brownback has always appeared to be a genuine person who cares deeply about the success of American families.

I recently realized that Brownback lives less than a mile away from me. I noticed him walking down the same route that I take.

My husband’s cousin went to Boy’s State with Brownback way back when, and told my husband years ago that the man would make an outstanding President some day, and advised him to vote for Brownback whenever the chance arises. BTW, the cousin in question is not a “fundie” as he never even attends church. But, he did recognize great leadership skills when he saw them.

But, just like the media destroyed the credibility of the Kansas Board of Ed. members this past year, they would annihilate Brownback. Sad, but true.

I think he should go for it anyway...

How about Brownback vs. Clinton in ‘08??
LOL

Holy cow, the media would have a field day with those two!!!